Discus Fish Acclimation Instructionspearls7_discus
We keep the PH in the hatchery at a range of 6.8 – 7.0. Well water is fine.
- Take each bag and place them upright in a bucket. Cut off the tops of the bags and fold them back.
- Take a cup of water out of the tank you are placing them in and pour a little in each one. Do this every 15 minutes for up to 1 hour.
- Then, just empty as much water as possible and then let the fish slide into your tank.
- Add the Stress Guard that will accompany the shipment directly to your tank.
- You should have the temp around 86-88 F degrees for the first month to stimulate their appetites and immune systems.
- After the first month, bring the tank temperature down to 84 F. Enjoy the new additions to your collection.
Now that you have received a box of carefully packed fish via FedEx, UPS, or retrieved from the airport, there are some important steps to follow which will ensure the fishes successful introduction into your tank(s).