A Brief Timeline of the Discus Fish
THE FIRST DISCOVERY
MORE DISCUS DISCOVERED AND MUTATED
In a similar manner, European breeders also endeavored to create new variations. They made red turquoise discus, a discus with solid red stripes. You can see a red turquoise below.
- Out of the different discus species we described in this article, which are the most interesting to you?
- Do you think it’s interesting that discus were discovered at a relatively recent time in history, in 1840?
- Are you surprised that so many unknown species of plants and animals were found in South America in the Nineteenth Century?
- Do you think it’s interesting that so many discus species were discovered during the Twentieth Century?
- What else do you want to learn about discus in the Learning Center?